Blaine Youth Basketball - Boys
10,000 Shot Club
For all Boys entering grades 4-8
2020 Program Dates Coming Soon!
To 4th-8th Grade Bengal Youth Boys Basketball Players:
After each season, we will be challenging players each summer to join our 10,000 shot club. To become a member of our 10,000 shot club, you will need to take and record 10,000 MADE basketball game shots between through the time period of this program. You will need to record not only the number of shots attempted, but the shots MADE. Recording your makes gives you the opportunity to see if you are improving your efficiency.
- Write down long term goals- ex. Out of my 10,000 made shots, I will Make 500 FT’s, 40% from 3 point area, etc.
- Set a daily goal- ex. 50 Free Throws, 25 made 3’s, 25 Post moves, etc. and record them.
- Use the correct form when taking your shots. –100 quality shots is better than 1000 sloppy shots!
o Eye on Target
o Stance and Balance- Square up
o Shot pocket
o Balance Hand
o High release
o Follow through
- Shoot a variety of shots- Always start closer to the basket where you are most comfortable and move out only when ready!
- Go full speed- maximize your shooting session.
- Enjoy the process! The results will come.
2020 recording and reporting details coming soon!
If you achieve the goal of 10,000 shots you will receive a Blaine Bengal Club T- Shirt.
“It is easy to be average, it takes work to be great! “
Be Great everyday!
-Coach Mark Arzdorf- Blaine Varsity Basketball coach